TOP TIPS TO DE-STRESS FROM EMILY STROMBOTNE – YOGA INSTRUCTOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
- Schedule in, just as you would schedule in a lunch date or meeting for yourself, to get on your mat, walk outside, meditate. Make it as important as something that you plan so that way it will happen
- Go walking every morning. Get outdoors, go to the beach, get a different view to get perspective instantly. Fresh air gets your circulation going right away – it’s like moving meditation.
- A few Sun Salutations will get the blood flowing.
- Try morning recline twists for detoxification, to wake up the organs.
- Use backbends for energy and to open the heart.
- Before sleep at night, raise your legs up the wall and hold. This is great pose to help prevent restless nights.
**Emily’s Favorite Drink: Half Greenie, Half Toxin Flush
EASY MEDITATION WITH ALYSA OSVOG – DIRECTOR OF EKAM YOGA, RESTORATIVES INSTRUCTOR
Alysa Osvog teaches Restoratives class Mondays and Thursdays at Ekam Yoga in Newport Beach. The class is designed to create a cool and quiet stillness within you, like pressing the reset button. Highlights from her class to practice at home for peaceful meditation:
- Work on your breathing. Having time to just breathe and focus on that is extremely beneficial.
- Find your own stillness. Not touching your phone or checking your emails, not being distracted.
- Use supported twists, bring your legs straight up against the wall
- Practice everyday even if just for 3 minutes which then leads to 5 then 10 then 20. It makes such a big difference!
Frequent meditation can lead to better focus and clarity. Increases your level of awareness and to handle situations with a deep grounding. “With meditation sometimes you feel the benefits immediately and sometimes you do it like brushing your teeth. You incorporate it everyday.” says Osvog. “You can just let it flow. Things unfold with synchronicity and everything just works out.
For more information about Alysa and Emily and Ekam-Yoga check out their website www.ekam-yoga.com